The DMV just officially confirmed that Online Sales & Delivery are allowed and provided Compliance Guidance. KEY NOTE: The DealerXT Tablet covers many of the disclosures and compliance requirements of the DMV, including the No Cooling Off Period, Foreign Language Disclosures, Right to Inspection Notices, and many more.
The Official DMV Newsletter is attached for your review. We have also provided the key points for you below:
This memorandum clarifies the requirements for online vehicles sales and off-site delivery of a vehicle to a purchaser during this outbreak period.
Online Sales Transactions and Off-Site Vehicle Delivery Compliance Requirements
• All products must be contracted for sale prior to the delivery of the vehicle.
• All terms of the transaction must be agreed upon prior to the delivery of the vehicle at an off-site location. Negotiations may not be conducted at the purchaser’s delivery location.
• All contracts must be signed by the dealership before delivery of the vehicle at the off-site location. The purchaser may sign the contract at the time of delivery.
• Any person engaged in the negotiation and sale of the vehicle must be a licensed salesperson.
• A copy of all notices to the consumer required by the Vehicle Code and the Civil Code must be provided to the purchaser before the purchaser executes all sales related documents, such as the notice of the right to inspection, etc.
• The purchaser must be given an opportunity to review prior to purchaser’s execution of sales related documents.
• All state and local social distancing requirements must be adhered to at the time the vehicle is delivered.
• Adherence to social distancing requirements and sanitization of the vehicle is required if a test drive of the vehicle occurs.
Consult your legal counsel if you have questions regarding the requirements of the VC and other applicable statutes and regulations.”
As a benefit of subscribing to DealerXT, you are eligible to apply to Auto Legal Group, LLP, a law firm that only represents dealers at a fraction of what lawyers normally charge. Please contact Auto Legal Group at www.autolegalgroup.com for details.
This testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter whether you decide to be represented by Auto Legal Group, LLP or not. DealerXT is not a law firm or lawyer referral service and cannot provide any advice or opinion about your legal rights. The information found on DealerXT.com is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. The information is not the provision of legal services, and accessing such information, or corresponding with or asking questions, or otherwise using the Services, does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and DealerXT, or you and any lawyer. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephonic consultation with a lawyer licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely on such Legal Information. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Services are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. © 2020